Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm Back

It has been a really long time since I blogged.  I have not seem to remember to do this or have the motivation to do it.  It was a really rough year at work.  I was really glad when it was over.  It was my last year in the building that I have worked in for 9 years.  They are closing that building.  I will be moving to the brand new building in our district.  This will be the first year for this building.  I have seen it and it is SO GORGEOUS!  I love it.  Our colors are purple and gold, which I'm very happy with.  We are tigers and there is a giant purple tiger head on the wall in the gym. 

I have been to a three day PD for the character program we are integrated with the character program we have been doing at the old building.  It really got me excited for the prospects of our new year and new school.  I hope others can get excited about it, too.  It could really make our school an incredible place.

It has been three weeks since we got out of school and we've not done anything big.  But, it's still been a good summer so far.  We've had some good family times, including going fishing last evening as part of our Father's Day.  We also went to the Gypsy Caravan together on Memorial Day.  And, we all worked together to plant our flower garden this year. 

Yesterday was June 19, 2011.  It marked the 25th anniversary of the day Michael gave me his class ring.  I cannot believe it's been that long ago.  I am still so much in love with him I cannot find words to describe it.  He is really my best friend and my heart and soul.

Two weeks from today we will be celebrating 4th of July by bringing home a new family member.  We will be going to southern Missouri to get a new Scottie puppy girl.  We are all very excited about this.  We will always love and miss Abby, but our house is just too empty without a Scottie living here.  About a week and a half after that we'll travel up to the middle of Wisconsin to get another little Scottie girl, so we'll be a two dog family by the time we mark the first anniversary of losing Abby.

I've been really working on my photography lately.  I'm trying to get back into the picture a day thing.  I have joined the 365 project where you are only allowed to post one picture a day.  I am also participating in the 30 Day Photography Challenge at White Peach Photography.  I get to post my entry via my photography blog, so I can post as many pictures as I want there.  But, there is a "theme" to each day.  I am enjoying it all so much.  I spent several hours on Thursday and Friday of last week exploring local parks and playing with my camera.  It was great to get out and just be by myself and exercise my creativity.


This is one of my pictures from last week.  I had a lot of fun with this little guy.  I got several shots of him.  I am going to be using another one of him as my close up picture for the 30 day challenge. 

This week we are dog sitting.  We are taking care of Michael's parents' poodle, Zoe.  She is a riot.  She came into the room where I am and saw the chord to my laptop moving (I had it between my toes and was wiggling it) and she started barking at it.  She kept this up until we shut her out of the room.  It was hilarious.

No comments: